Image from Sora

Windows, mirrors. Two completely different things. One lets you see through, the other lets you see back at yourself. These two things might only seem like they can only be their physical selves, but they can be applied to many more things, including books. Let me explain. 

I’m currently reading Darkstalker by Tui T. Sutherland. This is a book about a dragon, Darkstalker, who is an extremely powerful dragon, maybe even the most powerful dragon on Phyria, the world they live on. The book is part of the Wings of Fire series, and also part of the sub series, Legends. For me, this book is a window. Remember how I explained what windows are in their physical form? Well, a book window is exactly the same: it lets you see through it to a new place. Darkstalker is a window to me, and probably everyone else (unless they’re a dragon), because it is a book about dragons and magic. While there are some humans, they are unimportant to the story and are rarely mentioned (unless somebody eats a human). 

Personally, I read a lot of mirror books. I mostly read Big Nate, a book about an 11 year old in 6th grade who has fun with his friends, like me. This book, and the entire Wings of Fire series, is a nice change for me because they’re all windows, and so I get to look at a new world, even if it is fantasy. Honestly, I should read some other window books that take place on Earth, with humans and a real story about things that happen in other people’s lives.

Windows vs Mirrors: Books
Tagged on: