Welcome back to my blog where I post all my bloopers, (and hopefully some of my successes) for the world to see. Today I’ll be talking about a new hobby that I’ve started just recently. 

Before I start with the main story, let me just give you a little background. Rubix Cubes, we all know what they are, right? The classic cube puzzle, with 6 faces and 6 colors. The goal: to try to get every side to only one color.

A solved Rubik’s Cube

For most people, this is a pretty formidable challenge. But for a lot of people, this is a challenge that they try to learn how to solve. One of those people is me. 

In first grade, I learned how to solve a Rubik’s Cube, and it was fun for the first year. Then it got boring. I learned how to solve the 2×2 and pyraminx in 3rd grade, but those got boring also. After a while, I didn’t touch a Rubik’s Cube, ever. It was a puzzle that I had mastered. It was too easy for me. 

In my 6th grade year, I had tech for the first trimester. One of the activities in tech is learning about and how to solve the Rubik’s Cube. Like I said before, I had already mastered the cube, and thought it was boring. One of my peers also already knew how to solve the cube. He introduced me to the art of Rubik’s Cube mosaics. We tried a simple one to start, and we both had a lot of fun. 

A professionally made Rubik’s Cube mosaic

(Bestsiteever.ru)

Over the next couple of classes, we made more and more mosaics. We would even go to the tech room during X period to make mosaics. Here are a few of them:

A heart I made during recess one day

PAC-MAN and a ghost from PAC-MAN

Our first mosaic: a ducky

The fun part about Rubik’s Cube mosaics is that they’re art, and art can be made any way. Another thing that’s really cool about them is that you need the entire picture from multiple cubes, not just one cube. 

A part of a mosaic

You have absolutely no idea what this is supposed to be part of. (It’s part of a Mario mosaic, but that’s okay).

Honestly, in some ways making a mosaic is hard. Inserting everything, especially the edges, without messing everything else up can be quite tough. Here’s a tip: if you do the edges first, then the corners, everything will be much easier. This is because corners have a very simple algorithm to insert them, that’s used in the daisy method for solving the cube. I won’t go over it now, but I will sometime (maybe) in the future. 

I really don’t have anything else productive to say about Rubik’s Cube mosaics, so this is the end of this blog post. All I really want to say is that if you have access to around twenty Rubik’s cubes, then you too can try Rubik’s Cube mosaics. It’s really fun and satisfying, and everyone will love your picture. I think. 

Here’s a link to a website that generates Rubik’s Cube mosaics from pictures: https://bestsiteever.ru/mosaic/.

Rubik’s Cube Mosaics
Tagged on:

6 thoughts on “Rubik’s Cube Mosaics

• October 31, 2023 at 5:16 pm
    Permalink

Thanks for the link. I know what I’ll be doing for the next 20 days!

Reply
    • November 1, 2023 at 1:36 pm
      Permalink

Awesome, I changed somebody’s life!

Reply
  • November 16, 2023 at 1:52 pm
    Permalink

please teach me how to solve a Rubiks Cube… please…

Reply
    • November 16, 2023 at 1:56 pm
      Permalink

Maybe for da next post

Reply
  • November 16, 2023 at 4:17 pm
    Permalink

The ducky is so cool and it is so funny. Can you teach me how to solve a Rubric’s Cube sometime?

Reply
    • November 17, 2023 at 6:48 pm
      Permalink

I’ll do that sometime.

Reply